Thursday, March 10, 2011

Make Your Own Cat Food

So I was thinking of what I could post and I remembered I had this book. It's called 'Homeade' from Readers Digest. So I thought there would be something interesting in there. Well while I was looking in the contents, I found HOW TO MAKE YOUR OWN CAT FOOD! It would probably be more healthy than the cat food you get in the store. So here it is.
2/3 cups of ground chicken or hamburger
1 jar of mixed vegetable baby food
1 cat vitamin, crumbled (optional)
1/3 cups of plain dry bread

1.In a small saucepan over medium heat, poach the ground meat in a small amount of water until medium rare. Remove from heat an allow to cool.

2.Stir together the meat, meat juices, vegetables, a vitamin if desired. Form into bite-size balls and roll into bread crumbs.

3. Serve as much as your cat will eat in one sitting. Store the rest in a covered container in the fridge for up to three days.

                                      

1 comment:

  1. Ya know, I thought I read or heard somewhere that the meat should be raw. Kinda gross I know, but that's the way it would be in the wild I guess... and hopefully dead, before they ate it!
    :(

    ReplyDelete